We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
Welcome back to the third article in our series about Webkinz Stuffed and Virtual Animals activities for grandparents and their grandchildren. By now, I'm assuming you and your grandkids have gotten your Webkinz stuffed animals – perhaps ones that go well with the love series from 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 and 13. Teaching our grandkids that love is patient and kind while enjoying the Webkinz activities is a whole lot of fun! And it's such a great and educational way to add to your fun family memories.
Now it’s time to learn how to earn Webkinz money so that we can send Webkinz mail to each other, along with other fun activities. There are many ways to do this. I learned a lot from the book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Webkinz. Eventually I figured out my favorite ways, which are the quickest and easiest for me. They are:
- Daily Kinzcare
- Wishing Well – Daily Activities
- Wheel of Wow – Daily Activities
- Gem Hunt – Daily Activities
- Growing Strawberries
- Playing my favorite word game
Here's the step by step directions for 1-4:
1. Open Webkinz
2. Log on – wait a few minutes for it to totally open and work well
3. Click on the plus sign by your Webkinz stuffed animals' picture – you can see it in the lower left corner of this picture with an arrow marked 1:
4. Click on the tab that says DAILY KINZCARE – in the above picture it's at the top with the arrow marked 2 pointing at it.
5. Click on the day of the week (see picture above where it says Click 1). You will earn Webkinz food or money or both. Plus, if you do it daily, you are entered into a contest. I’m not in often enough for that. Even so, it’s an easy way to earn Webkinz money and food. It is vital to feed your pet occasionally by selecting a food item and taking it over to the pet. You want to be sure it stays at 90+ so it doesn’t get “sick.” Otherwise you have to spend time going to the doctor. The grandkids love that but it takes more time than I want to spend. Then again, if you are doing Webkinz with local grandkids, they might enjoy "saving the day" for granny nanny or pappy by "rescuing" your sick Webkinz stuffed animals and taking them to the doctors. My grandkids all love taking their own pets to the Webkinz doctor. 🙂
6. Click X on the top right corner to close the box.
7. Now click on the tab in the lower right corner – Things to Do – where the arrow says Click Here.
8. In the left column, under MY ROOM, click on TODAY’s ACTIVITIES which puts you into hourly activities.
9. These can only be done at the times listed on the left (see photo below), unless they say all day. If you are eligible to play them, you'll see the orange arrow on the right (see #3). If you are interested, go ahead and click on them and follow the directions. Once in a while I'll play the balloon dart game (#1) as it's usually an easy way add Webkinz money or toys that I can either gift to my grandkids or sell at the store. #2 is for strawberries and those are great for feeding the virtual Webkinz stuffed animals. But #3 is for a game I haven't played. I got it this time and will try to mail it to a grandchild via Webkinz post. If that doesn't work, it's not worth my time to investigate UNLESS I want to teach a grandchild how to play its Pachinko game. 🙂 Once I've checked all that's available to me when I go in, it's time to click #4 for Daily Events – meaning they can be played at any time all day long. Most are always the same, but occasionally there are special events here too.
11. Click on Make Five Wishes on Wishing Well 2, click Play (see picture above), click Make A Wish – 5 times – you can earn from 0 – 250+ on this one. Here's where another minor glitch has started showing up. Almost always now, when I click on this I get the blue screen (see photo below). I've learned to just click on the little X in the top right corner, repeat the whole process from step 7, and almost always I get the correct screen. I'm not sure why these glitches happen. Sometimes I get going too quickly and that seems to do it. Also, some may be due to the fact that they are just so popular and there are so many changes, it's really a miracle there aren't more glitches. But overall, it works better than some of my own software so I'm not complaining, and neither are my grandkids. 🙂
12. Click X to close the Box and then start over, either redoing the Wishing Well, if necessary, or moving on to #13
13. Click Things to do, Daily Activities, Daily Events, Take a Spin on the Wheel Of WOW. In that page, click SPIN. As you can see below, you might win KinzCash (Webkinz Money), a gift for your pet, food, or the Gak. Anything you don’t want can usually be sold in the Webkinz store – even the Gak. And, if you have already spun it, but forgot, you'll see the message I got below. 🙂
14. Click X to close the box and then start over.
15. Click Things to Do, Daily Activities, Daily Events, Search for precious gems in the gem hunt
16. Click on GEM HUNT (See arrow in photo below)
17. Click on START HUNTING (Middle of the page in picture below)
18. Click on any of the mines. Then click on START MINING
19. Click on the left or right arrow to make the screen move – #1 in the photo below.
20. Pick a rock, click on it to make the hammer hit it. (#2 in the photo above.) You can do this up to three times each day. Once you do, it will either say SLAG or tell you what precious gem you found – #3 in the photo above! Lately, I’ve gotten a lot of slag. But often, you DO get a gem. You can sell your gem for anywhere from 5 Kinzcash up to $300+. Alternatively you can keep your gem to make a special collection. I always sell them but the grandkids usually enjoy collecting them. Be sure to explain to them to check on the left side to see if they already have that particular gem, as they only need one for the Crown of Wonder – #4 below. If they do, then they can sell the gem #2 below to earn Webkinz money – the amount shows at #1 below. And if they don't want to part with it, they can save it to make the Crown of Wonder by clicking Keep Your Gem – #3 below. Once done, again click the X in the top right corner.
21. Collect Berries at Jumbleberry Fields is also listed under Daily Activities. This is a longer activity and the younger kids don’t usually understand it so you might want to skip it. If you or they enjoy the dice game, Yahtzee, it’s very similar and a lot of fun. You earn fruit for your pet or save it to make jelly. It's not a huge amount for the time invested, so I usually skip it for myself. If I'm Webkinz-sitting for a grandchild (because they will be off-line for a prolonged period), then I may do it for them. 🙂 If you'd like step by step directions for this game or any other Webkinz virtual activities for grandparents and their grandchildren, just leave a note in the comments and I'll add it to a future post. 🙂
22. Click Things to Do, Daily Activities, Daily Events, See if there is anything else interesting to play – they sometimes have new things that come and go so I’ve learned to always doublecheck. If not, I’m done with this for the day.
WHEW! That's a lot for one day! In reality, though, once you know your way around, it only takes a few minutes to do the basics. By the way, one good resource is found right in Webkinz itself. Click on Things to Do, in the first column under MY ROOM, click on Webkinz Guide. I don’t use it often as I found The Complete Idiot's Guide to Webkinz was much easier to follow. (It's still available used at Amazon as well as for the Kindle – just click here!) But the Webkinz online booklet can be useful at times.
The final things I often encourage my grandkids to do to earn Webkinz money is to plant a garden of strawberries. You can grow a variety of plants, but strawberries seems to earn the most Webkinz money. Plus they can use them to feed their virtual Webkinz stuffed animals!
They also have fun, learn, and earn with most, if not all, of the games. I especially love the educational games, like my favorite word scramble one. They pretty much like ALL the games, including the tournament ones we play together. You’ll find more directions in next week’s article of Webkinz activities for the Sandwich Generation grandparents and their grandchildren. And for a full recap of this entire series, just click here for Educational Fun and Great Family Memories for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren Thanks to Webkinz Stuffed and Virtual Animals – Update and Recap!