We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
Webkinz stuffed and virtual animals activities for grandparents and their grandchildren are a lot of fun, whether your grandkids live nearby or far away. Last week we discussed various tournament games you can enjoy with your grandkids, near and far.
Today, I want to share with you the directions for my favorite game, Quizzy’s Word Challenge. It’s not in the tournament area, though I really wish it was. But it is a fun and easy way for grandparents to boost your earnings of Webkinz money. You can use your Webkinz money to encourage your grandkids with an extra special big virtual treat like a new room. Or, you can buy a very expensive item and send it to your grandchild, who can then sell it back to the Webkinz store for about 1/2 the original price, thus adding Webkinz money to their accounts. All in all, a fun way to help your grandkids, add to your sweet family memories, and even exercise your brain – possibly staving off dementia down the road! 🙂
Not only that! It’s also a wonderful educational game for your grandkids. Whether you are in the process of finding fun ways for how to teach a grand child to read, or you just want to help them have some fun with phonics, this is a great game for that. With all that to look forward to…
1. Go to THINGS TO DO and click on ARCADE at the top in the middle column.
2. In the left column, click on the yellow bar towards the bottom that says NEXT GAME and scroll down to Quizzy’s Word Challenge. If you pass it, there is an UP scroll bar at the top 🙂 Click on the name and the picture of it appears in the box on the right.
3. Click on PLAY GAME, and it takes you to this screen. Click on INSTRUCTIONS to read more directions for this game (or just read below):
4. Click on MAIN MENU to go back.
5. Click on PLAY
6. Basically, you create words from the letters shown. The twist is that you have to start on the outside and work your way in. For example, in the picture below, you can make the word TREE but ONLY if you go from the outside in, not the reverse.
7. Notice it is in the process of accepting the word tree, because I picked the E2 BEFORE I picked the E11. If I had picked the middle E first, I wouldn’t get to choose any other letters. We used to love a similar game called Webster’s Revenge that let you pick any letter at any time, which was a bit easier. But once you get the hang of this, it’s just as fun.
8. Once you finish your word, click submit, and voila, it goes in the book on the left, I earned 16 points AND W2 in Webkinz money for the word. You’ll note it says GOAL = 80 at the top, along with LEVEL 1. There are several levels and each one has a higher goal. If you finish a level with less than the goal, the game is over. The first level is quite easy, but it definitely gets more challenging.
9. Notice, too, on the left over the book, it says BONUS WORD: TON. The bonus word changes each time you find it. You get an extra 15 points for finding that combination, and it can take awhile to do so. 🙂
10. Proper names aren’t allowed along with other words they disallow. Some are obvious, like curse words. Others, I have NO clue why, but they are probably keeping it at a child’s level. York was not allowed – I assume because it’s a proper name. It did, however, allow Yak (1). 🙂
11. You’ll also notice that the further in the box you go for a letter, the bigger the score. It really pays to use the middle letter when possible. I enjoy the game, so that’s part of it, but I’m also trying to earn as much as possible as quickly as possible, so I thrive on that type of tip. Here you can see I’m making the word STAB. If I pick the B at the bottom of the box, I’ll only get 3 points (2). But if I pick the B in the middle, I get a whopping 12 points! (3).
12. The level is over when you fill all the lines with words. Then you get this message:
13. Click OK and you’re on to the next level and just keep enjoying the game. I played this with a nonreader grandchild and he would sound out words and I just helped a bit. Plenty of fun and fun family memories for you! 🙂
14. To quit the game you can either click the X or just don’t earn enough points to get to the next level. It gives you all the points either way. If you want to replay, click replay. If you want to pick another game, click ARCADE. Or to leave altogether, click the X at the top of the window box.
Lots of fun with phonics, lots of new family memories, and lots of sweet hugs and cuddles. Now that’s what I call delightful Webkinz stuffed and virtual animals activities for grandparents and their grandchildren! How about you? 🙂