We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
We are in the happy throes of two favorite blog parties. One is our weekly pink delight for Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound and the other is our annual fun and Ultimate Blog Party 2012 hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. If these are new to you, learn more about them at Fun Pink Saturday Activities for Grandparents and Grandchildren Full of Sweet Family Memories and at The Ultimate Blog Party 2012.
I've had such fun visiting several sites yesterday and today. I ran into sweet friends like:
- Jennifer Arduini from the Surrendered Scribe. She used to host a Current Events Round-up Meme at her original blog and was the one who introduced me to memes and blog hops. She has some yummy virtual chocolate for us for this blog party – guaranteed not to show up on the scales at all. 🙂
- Paula from Simply Sandwich is also at the Ultimate Blog Party. A fellow member of the Sandwich Generation and a good friend of SandwichINK, you can read a bit more about her in her post, It's That Time Again!
- A Twitter friend also in the Sandwich Generation, Connie Foggles stays busy helping with her elderly mom and aunt with a 13 year old daughter at home, along with blogging at Brain Foggles.
- Glenda Childers, writing at Gg – Notes on the Journey. A fellow grandmother, we met at last year's Ultimate Blog Party. She has such a cute intro for herself this year and WOW, she was introduced to Christ by one of my spiritual heroes! Which one? You'll have to head there to find out. 🙂
- Grammy Teresa has two sites – Grammy Girlfriend and A Baby Changes Everything. She absolutely loves Christmas AND she has donated a $100 card box to the 5 Minutes For Mom Ultimate Blog Party – so keep your eyes open for it, along with my Amazon gift certificate, on the prize pages. 🙂
I also wanted to share a few new sites, resources, and compadres I've discovered including:
The Sandwich Generation
- Beth, from My Destiny – Sharing The Hope of Christ, is staying extremely busy in the Sandwich Generation, caring for elderly parents while raising her young daughter.
- Trish, In So Many Words, is dealing with special needs at both ends of the age spectrum – a beloved senior with Alzheimer's and a sweet son with autism! That's definitely doubly challenging, isn't it! Be sure to pop over and check out her site AND her book giveaway.
Grandparents and Grandchildren:
- Grandmother Karen Lange has some lovely purple tulips, ala my grandkids tulips, and some great educational resources for grandparents to share with their grandkids at her site, Write Now, including a special Hippo that will be a BIG help for my future Words With Friends games! Hooray! 🙂
- Cherry from Pursuing Heart has almost as many grandchildren as me! Too fun! 🙂 Wait til you see her flower photos – they are GORGEOUS!
- Sherrey Meyer of Not Just A Name is a grandmother AND a great-grandmother. WOW! My senior mom will LOVE that as she, too, is a great-grandma! Very special indeed.
- No, she's not a grandma. BUT Jennifer Sikora IS one of the many hard-working people helping to put on the Ultimate Blog Party 2012. A BIG THANK YOU to Jennifer for all her hard work! While visiting her site, Jen's Journey, I discovered the cutest FREE PDF for our grandkids – in regular or homeschool – a fun AND educational book about Chimpanzees to go with the kids' movie, Chimpanzee, that sounds like some of the Disney animal movies I remember and MISS.
Caring for Aging Parents
- Janice Hidey of Drawing the Line Somewhere is a sister in Christ, caring for her senior mom who has Alzheimer's Disease.
- Nancy Franson is a fellow writer at Out of My Alleged Mind, a Christian, and a starting-to-be-empty-nester. She shared the sweetest idea and I just had to pass it on. "…as they (her children) began leaving home, I started looking for writing projects to give me something to do. One of my first was a series of interviews with an elderly friend who was losing her memory to dementia. We gave bound copies of her story to her friends and family members the Christmas before she died." Wow! I'm going to have to start working on that for my beloved seniors! What a terrific way to share your aging parents family memories and relatively easy to do with something like Blurb or Shutterfly. 🙂
LOTS of great resources and friends to meet! I love blog party and blog hopping fun, don't you? It's an easy way to destress from caregiving for just a bit and not even leave our house. It also works well in between babysitting grandchildren. Always a big help for all of us Sandwich Generation grandparents! How about you? Have you made it to either of these fun events? Found any more fellow caregivers or grandparents out there? Or are YOU a compadre in the Sandwich Generation? Be sure to leave a comment below to let us know so we can come and visit you. As you are out and about, don't forget to follow new friends on Pinterest and Facebook. Have a blessed, beautiful and PINK-alicious day. And…