We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
Well! Who knew! That sad sad news about Picnik.com has turned into pretty good news for this Sandwich Generation granny nanny. It sent me off on a hunt for a replacement for an easy to use photo editor for my photos from each digital camera and in the process, I've discovered SEVERAL great new tools – most on my iPhone, but not all. And yes, I'd LOVE to share the cream of the crop with you over the next few weeks, starting with a fun new iPhone app, Wordfoto, that is $1.99.
I used it yesterday for my post, Verse By Verse Bible Studies “To Go” Are A Blessing for the Busy Sandwich Generation, to create this fun picture with encouraging Bible verses:
And here's another cute picture I whipped up in just a matter of minutes. All you have to do is:
- Open the Wordfoto app
- Press the 2nd icon at the top of the app
- Select your picture
- Select T from the bottom of the app
- Click on Add New Word set
- Type one word in each block, click return – you can enter up to 10 words – and words can be a max of 12 letters
- When you are done entering the words, click on BACK at the top
- Select the word set you want
- It then creates your Wordfoto and voila, you have your picture.
You can also crop your picture, do some fine tuning, and even change the shading like these:
It's a fun little app that you and your grandkids might have fun with – for example, how about using it for spelling words with a picture of your granddog? 🙂
Wouldn't they have fun looking for that spelling word? 🙂 It would also be fun for easy handmade greetings cards crafts for grandkids and all us seniors. It's definitely one of those fun and useful little apps for the iPhone that are handy grandparents in the Sandwich Generation.