We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
It’s Father’s Day on Sunday! If you’re like me, the day may have snuck up on you while you were surrounded with the Sandwich Generation needs and issues like caring for elderly parents and babysitting the grandchildren! Never fear. If you are looking for last minute gifts for the special elderly men in your life, not to mention sweet husbands, etc., here’s some helpful ideas:
1. Grab the grandkids, along with the craft animal and flower rubber stamps and the washable ink pads for kids, the washable markers, some colored and white cardstock, cute country clipart, and plenty of tape and glue. Have a grand afternoon of fun activities for grandparents and grandchildren, while you create lovely bookmarks, handmade greetings cards, and pictures for that special dad or granddad.
2. Amazon is WONDERFUL for all of us last minute-ers. It’s probably too late to get a special present, like an easy to use digital camera or a good book, delivered by tomorrow, even with their wonderful Amazon Prime Discount Membership. But you could order a special gift, print out a picture or paste it into an email, and give them the “picture” for Father’s Day, followed by the real item delivery in a day or so.
3. Then again, I also love Amazon’s gift cards. They’re so easy to print out or email – and they always have showed up within 1 minute of my order! Hooray for Amazon – they make slightly forgetful baby boomer granny nannies look right on time!
4. Online greeting card options like Smilebox or SendOutCards are so special and you can email them or print them out. I love to pop in the latest photos and send them on their merry way full of sweet family memories.
5. If you’d like something more personalized, here’s one of my cute Smilebox eCards Creations with a coupon book that works nicely as sweet gifts for the elderly parent or sweet spouse in your life. You can print it out, add some special personalized items on it for them, and voila, a delightful little gift. And while you’re working on it, enjoy the song in it, Courageous, by Casting Crowns. It is from their upcoming album, Come to the Well, available October 18 and it goes with a brand new movie, Courageous, from the creators of Fireproof. According to their website, this will be a powerful reminder of the impact fathers have on their kids (and grandfathers can also have on their grandkids) and will remind us all of the importance of the legacy being left for future generations. Courageous will be in theaters September 30. The song is certainly perfect timing for Father’s Day, don’t you think? 🙂
And to all of you in the Sandwich Generation who, like me, have fathers and husbands waiting for us in heaven, I pray that we will all be blessed and encouraged with the joy of being so beloved by our Heavenly Father, Who is always with us!
P.S. I’m not kidding – my all time favorite of all these last minute gift ideas is always a cute gift e-card from Amazon. It’s grand for all of us busy dealing with the Sandwich Generation issues of life and even if our senior parents aren’t computer-savvy, it’s so easy to print it, wrap it, give it to them and THEN, find out what they want, order it for them, AND have it delivered soon! 🙂