We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
What a sweet treat for this Sandwich Generation granny nanny as I was reading over my comments a few days ago. Paula, from Simply Sandwich, had stopped by to read "Great Tools for the Sandwich Generation – 2 Most Definitely Useful iPhone Apps for Aging Boomer and Senior Eye Issues" and wrote: "You are awesome Kaye. I can use any help I can get with the fine print these days! When you have a second, stop over to my place – bloggy love awaits you!" Of course, I had to pop over right away where I discovered two sweet gifts from her:
There are some simple rules for these sweet treats, including one in particular that I thought you might enjoy as well.
For both The One Lovely Blog Award and the Kreative Blogger Award, some of the rules are the same:
- Link back to the one who gave you this award – I already have in the past as well as today, as Paula at Simply Sandwich is a fellow believer AND member of the Sandwich Generation whose writing I appreciate and love to share with you.
- Follow the person’s blog who sent you it – Ditto
- Pass the award on – Absolutely!
The Kreative Blogger has one extra rule and that's the part I thought you'd especially enjoy – Share 10 random facts about yourself.
- I wanted white drum major boots when I was 13.
- I loved bubble gum pop music as a tween and teen and still do – Monkees, Partridge Family, Cowsills, etc. 🙂
- I have a box of all my favorite Star Trek Classic and Next Generation novels in two closets to someday re-read again as I am very definitely a Trekkie (without the costumes.)
- I started ice skating very young and still enjoy ice skating and roller skating to this day – now with the grandkids.
- I have always believed in God but it wasn't til I was about 20 that I totally committed my life to Him.
- I love police dramas like CSI and NCIS.
- I have been in and out of the Sandwich Generation since I was 23 – helping with my grandparents when my first child was a baby.
- My favorite candies are Lindt Lindor Truffles – Dark Chocolate with a smooth filling AND M&M Peanuts
- I love body surfing in waves, though haven't done it in over 10 years.
- I am an introverted extrovert or an extroverted introvert.
The amount of people to pass these on to has morphed a bit, currently it's at 5, and with life so busy for all of us now, I'm going to follow in everyone's footsteps and change it a bit as well. So, TA DA, here are just some of the many special bloggers whose work I greatly appreciate. Ala Paula's wise words, This is the fun part of the blogosphere so please do not feel this is a bloggy project, if you want to send these lovely awards along, please do! If you are not able to do so, just relax and enjoy them and be blessed:
- Denise Brown, Caregiving.com – A familiar favorite here at SandwichINK, her site is a blessing to so many of us caring for our aging parents.
- Diane Yuhas, a fellow caregiver – caring for her senior mom with Alzheimers Disease, she frequently share encouraging words of wisdom and Scripture that are such a blessing to me.
- Charlotte from Charlotte's Weblog AND Spiritual Sunday – a fellow Boomer, her Christian encouragement at both sites has been such a blessing to us and I really appreciate her ministry.
- Frugal Fun for Boys – a very talented and creative mom of boys, I get such good ideas from her for my grandkids (especially the grandboys) and hope you will too!
- Sarah at SideTracked Sarah – another very creative mom who I turn to whenever I need some fun and easy crafts ideas for the grandkids that we seniors can enjoy as well.
Thank you, again, to Paula for these two delightful awards. I hope y'all enjoyed learning a few new things about me (mostly new, anyway). Enjoy meeting some old and new blogging friends and have a blessed day as you go about your caregiving day in the Sandwich Generation.
Much deserved Kaye! I had a smile from ear to ear when you mentioned the Partidge Family! One of my old faves! Heading out to check out your blog award winners! 🙂
Hi Paula 🙂 And thank you again! 🙂 🙂 🙂