We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
Our Sandwich Generation summer has been great!
Two Vacation Bible School groups of first graders full of smiles, hugs, and kids making commitments to God! New little brothers and sisters in Christ, yummy tomatoes from my senior mom’s garden, and plenty of holiday fun! A terrific summer, indeed, for this Sandwich Generation grandmother and caregiver.
Summer has also been fuller than ever of sad and disturbing headlines – both in the newspaper:
- Turkey coup attempt aftermath
- ISIS terrorism
- SO MUCH craziness going on here in the states!!!
…And in friends’ and families’ personal lives, like:
- Memory loss – from mild to extreme
- Unexpected surgeries
- Cancer – more than one kind!
- Grandparent tears
- The sorrow of seeing what foster grandkids and foster kids of friends have gone through before being rescued
- Sandwich Generation issues to the max
- And so much more!
There have definitely been lots of prayers going up for friends and family this summer!
I was reflecting on all these happenings this morning and thought how hopeless things look for so many. Not for me, by the grace of God. But for many people, including some I know and care about.
It’s vital for us to remember, no matter how dark things may look or difficult the Sandwich Generation issues may be – personally or world-view-wise, those of us who have put our faith in Christ have plenty of “headlines” to combat the ones the world keeps throwing at us! Headlines like:
- Look to the Lord and His strength. Seek His face always.
- MIGHTY is the Lord God
- KNOW that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself. The Lord will hear when I call to Him. TRUST IN THE LORD
- Have faith IN THE LORD YOUR GOD and you will be upheld!
- Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise. His greatness no one can fathom.
- Lord, You are my refuge and my shield. I have put my hope in Your Word.
- This happened that we might not rely on ourselves BUT on GOD!
- The Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation.
- Be on your guard. Stand firm in the faith. be men [and women] of courage. be strong. Do everything in love!
- Every Word of God is flawless. He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Summer Bible Coloring Pictures
These sweet Christian words of encouragement keep me keeping on and I pray they will be a sweet blessing to you as well as you keep on keeping on with me in the Sandwich Generation. 🙂
Click to quickly find...