We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
How is your day today? Fairly peaceful and quiet I hope. Today should be a quiet day for this member of the Sandwich Generation dealing with the issues of caring for elderly parents and helping with the grandchildren. No grandkids due to visit so it’s the perfect time to check out the latest resources of interest to the Baby Boomers Generation and the Sandwich Generation. I’d love for you to join me. 🙂
Seniors & Boomers: News You Can Use – The latest issue of this excellent blog carnival from Seniors for Living is out and it’s full of useful resources and information for all of us in the Sandwich Generation! Some of the articles I found most interesting include:
- Positive news for those caring for elderly parents with dementia symptoms, as well as for those with Parkinson’s Disease symptoms!
- Info about foods that can impact or lower your blood pressure
- Good advice and ideas for those of us who suffer from arthritis pain – including pool exercise for arthritis which is one of my senior mom’s favorite options – whether you go with water aerobic exercises or just gentle stretching, it’s all much easier on your body when you go with aqua exercise!
- Other topics included an emergency kit for your elderly parents, elderly depression, and pet therapy for seniors – and not just in nursing homes!
EldercareABC Blog – I popped over to visit their blog carnival and while I was there, I discovered another article I thought might also be of help to any of you dealing with the Sandwich Generation issues of caring for elderly parents but having to separate your parents. Joy Loverde has some very useful information from a Chicago family lawyer to help if one of your elderly parents is not willing or able to care for the other, but also is not willing for others to take over. That has to be a very sad and frustrating situation and if it is one you are facing, this article should be a big help. I thought you would also be interested to learn that Joy Loverde is the author of The Complete Eldercare Planner. It’s available in paperback or for your Kindle. Don’t you love high-tech help when caring for elderly parents! 🙂
HomeSchoolBytes Blog Carnival has lots of great ideas for educational activities for grandparents and their grandchildren. Some of my favorite articles included:
- A Tinkering School that would a fun way for grandparents and grandchildren to bond together and learn some useful woodshop tips together.
- Growing Borax Crystals – I could be a bit prejudiced here, since one of my sweet grandchildren won a prize for doing a science project along these lines. 🙂
- Art, muffin tin, and letter projects for the preschool grandkids
- Be sure to check out her links as well. I found some great math tips from a math blog she is linked to. If your grandchildren need a little help in that area, this is definitely a terrific resource for all of us grandparents.
Have a delightful time finding more great resources to help you with the Sandwich Generation issues you are dealing with. If you find something especially interesting, we’d love to hear about it! 🙂 And for more resources and info for the Sandwich Generation caring for elderly parents and helping with their grandchildren…