We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
Happy New Year’s Eve’s Eve! Are you going to be babysitting grandchildren? I think I am and I’m so excited. I LOVE to spend New Year’s Eve with sweet grandchildren! We have fun with noisy blowers, cute hats, and big grins all around. Then I tuck them all into bed at their normal time, and I do the same when It’s my normal bed time. A good time for all, a fun way to say farewell to 2011 and welcome to 2012, and still not be too tired on New Year’s Day.
Due to scheduling issues, I wasn’t sure if I’d have time to shop around for stupendous prices for New Year’s Eve fun and frolic, so I had a lovely time visiting a party store where I found a box with all I needed – and enough to share with another loved one who will also be babysitting. I had a choice between necklaces and leis and went with leis because of the younger age of my friend’s kiddos. I even got some cute New Year’s Eve plates for potato chips and other goodies.
But, of course, it can be just as much fun MAKING the goodies as buying them. Here are two great resources to do just that:
- FamilyFun Noisemakers
- Party Hats – I spotted this cute idea while visiting 4 Lettre Words for Sweet Shot Tuesday – adorable reindeer hats. But they could easily be turned into New Year’s Eve hats by cutting out the 2012 at the beginning of this article and pasting it on the front instead of the faces. And the hands would just be hands waving to say HAPPY NEW YEAR. Definitely easy crafts for kids and seniors alike. 🙂
Don’t forget to stock up on some fun and easy jigsaw puzzles and/or new and old board games. I’ll be toting along Checkers, my Sequence for Kids board game, and maybe even Battleship – the classic naval combat game. And check out these cool jigsaw puzzles for the kids from Melissa and Doug – they have 100 piece regular jigsaw puzzles and 48 piece floor puzzles. I just ordered one for each set of grandkids as most of them are studying the solar system for school or homeschool projects this year. 🙂
For more ideas, be sure to visit some of my past posts for New Year’s Eve including:
- Fun and Easy Winter and Valentine Crafts Activities Make a Happy New Year’s Eve for Grandparents and Grandchildren
- Puzzled For New Year’s Eve Activities for Your Sandwich Generation Family? Try Easy and Challenging Jigsaw Puzzles
- New Year’s Eve Plans With The Grandchildren
- New Year’s Eve With The Grandkids
And now, it’s your turn. Do you have any fun ideas, resources, or plans to share with all of us? Whether it’s New Year’s Eve with the grandkids or your seniors parents or both, we’d love to hear. And in the meantime, Happy Pink Saturday and Happy New Year to all – in AND out of the Sandwich Generation. 🙂
Sounds like you are set for a fun filled New Years Eve! We will play games like we did on Christmas. We still have a bottle of champagne from 2 years ago we never opened ! LOL! We usually don’t make the strike of midnight! Happy New Year to you and yours!
My PINK, please come and see. Have a happy new year!
Happy New Years Eve Fun Activities and Ideas for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren http://t.co/bPD06G6f
Gorgeous. Came to wish you a happy new year. Drop by to see my PINK when you get a chance. Thanks!