We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
It’s been a while since my last eldercare round-up and with all the various holiday blog party goings-ons, this seemed like an excellent time for one. There are such great resources out there on the web for all of us caring for the elderly parents and relatives in our families, it’s really a blessing. Here’s just a few from the past few weeks:
- Caregiving – the Caregiving Happy Holiday Progressive Blog Party is in full swing and it’s been quite interesting! I’ve enjoyed meeting new caregivers, found some great new resources, and had fun seeing new and different sites. Don’t forget to leave comments here and there to be entered in the giveaways at both our sites!
- Seniors For Living has all the lastest #ElderCareChat recaps, including the one from 11/30/11: Gift Ideas for the elderly seniors in our lives as well as for caregivers. And if you’d like to join in on the next one, you’ll find it at Twitter on 12/14/11 – just search for #ElderCareChat. 🙂
- At EldercareABCblog, you will find monthly guest posts from yours truly, and this month’s post, Caring for Elderly Parents Can Require You Checking Their Refrigerators!, was very personal for me as well as another friend who is also caring for elderly parents. It definitely pays to keep your eyes wide open when you are visiting sweet seniors during this holiday season and throughout the year!
- Shelley Webb from The Intentional Caregiver has a good resource article with items that are crucial to have when we are caring for elderly parents, along with some great tips.
- Kathy Kastner at Ability 4 Life reminded us that there are medications that cause many hospitalizations for senior citizens. And boy, it’s a great reminder that we need to be vigilant for our whole family’s medications, from seniors on down to the grandkids!
Well, that’s it for this eldercare roundup full of interesting baby boomer and senior citizen news and words of encouragement for the Sandwich Generation who are caring for the elderly parents or other relatives in our families. Have a blessed week, and don’t forget to leave a comment below. And…