We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, which is at no additional cost to you. :)
God tells us that, “Love always protects and always trusts,” in 1 Corinthians 13: 7a (NIV) or, as the New American Standard Bible puts it, “Love bears all things, believes all things.'”
As we learn this segment of our Bible Memory verses for our grand children, it’s a good time to talk about how wonderfully Jesus lived out these very things. He is always there to protect us. For our sake, He endured the cross, bearing on His perfect self all of our sins. How vital it is for us to always trust in God and believe in the salvation He provides us.
I did a bit of web surfing today and found some good crafts for this:
- A great coloring page for John 3:16
- Hearts with lines for older kids to write about “Love is” or the little ones to draw pictures in frames. One is for Love bears all things and one is for Love believes all things.
- A very cute word search puzzle for 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 and 13
- I found several cute kids craft ideas including two for love at Apple Sauce Kids. (A great resource for free Christian youth ministry resources.) My two favorites were the idea to make a Love bouquet using popsicle sticks with the different portions of “Love is” written on them, and then decorate them to be flowers.
- The second sweet idea was to use some of the various papers, crafts, etc. from all of these “Love is” projects over the summer as gifts for elderly neighbors and relatives to share God’s love with them. What a sweet idea and especially perfect for the Sandwich Generation family. For that matter, how about making any kind of cute pictures with the various verses on them and turning them into a book of love from God and your grandkids to an elderly friend or relative? If they don’t live near you, they’d make delightful mail gifts.
- One last idea is to use my favorite Smilebox! Maybe even add some photos of the grandkids acting out these verses along with photos of pictures they’ve drawn. How fun to see their own lives showing off God’s love! And wait til you see the Smilebox ecard below – it’s perfect for giving as gifts for the elderly relatives and loved ones in your family. 🙂
And, of course, we can’t forget one of my favorite ways of hiding God’s Word deeply in our heart – through praise and worship songs and music for all ages. Here are some songs I thought would work well:
- Trust And Obey Hymn
- I Am Trusting Thee, Lord Jesus
- Jesus Loves Me This I Know / ‘Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus Hymn
- I Will Trust In You by Jeremy Camp
- If I Have Not Love by Matt Redman (Facedown Album Version)
I love the praise and worship songs by Matt Redman but “If I Have Not Love” was a new one to me. It basically takes the first couple of verses of 1 Corinthians 13 such as, “if I have not love, I am just a clanging cymbal, and empty sound,” and then goes on to point out that we need to live lives of love. It’s a quieter song but I think our grandkids will enjoy it and its message fits perfectly with this Bible Memory verses for our grand children, doesn’t it? Here’s a Smilebox eCard with it for y’all to enjoy.
Well, now it’s your turn. Did you like these ideas? Have you thought of other project ideas for any of these Bible Memory verses for us and our grand children? Or other praise and worship music? We’d love to hear as we continue on teaching our grandchildren about Love in God’s way – perfect for encouraging them and us as we deal with the Sandwich Generation issues of caring for elderly parents and enjoying fun activities for grandparents and their grandchildren, just like these. 🙂