As you may have noticed, it’s been a bit of a scientific theme at SandwichINK this week. And as we all know, science is vital for all of us in caring for elderly parents! So in keeping with this week’s focus, I thought it would be interesting and useful to share some of the latest scientific and other news of special interest for our aging parents (not to mention all of us boomers and seniors in the Sandwich Generation.) Such as:
- Pneumonitis, a respiratory illness that strikes the elderly, knocked homicide off the list of the top killers in the United States for the first time in 45 years, per the CDC!
- Grief Can Cause a Heart Attack – Click here for another article on this.
- Alzheimer’s Gene Carriers May Cut Risk With Exercise, Study Says By Nicole Ostrow
- Sandwich Generation Stress: Five Survival Tips by Michelle Seitzer
- The Impact of Caregiving on Health and Finances
- New rule could mean sad news for many boomers and seniors – Work rule could end up costing seniors, caregivers by Joseph Bensmihen
- #ElderCareChat 1/4/12 Recap: Personal and Professional Caregiving Goals
And here’s some interesting news from SandwichINK with two of my latest guest posts:
- Encourage Our Elderly Parents to Exercise In Winter for “Snow” Many Good Reasons at EldercareABCblog.
- Grief and Loss During Or After the Holiday Season at Writer Interrupted
Whew! Lots of good senior and boomer news and info, whether you are in the throes of science fair projects preparation like us, or not. How about you? Have you heard any important scientific or other news of use to all of us boomers and seniors in the Sandwich Generation. We’d love to hear about it.