This weekend, there was a bit more Ultimate Blog Party 2011 site-seeing fun for this Sandwich Generation granny nanny, in between grandkid-sitting, granddog-sitting, and even some boomer and senior gardening! I found some more fun new sites to share with you, including:
- Writing to Distraction with Carla Olson Gade is written by a mom of 20-somethings who is also a Christian historical romance novelist AND who believes as strongly as I do in the importance of creating and savoring your blessed family memories. She even has a giveaway going on at her site to encourage just that. Very cool!
- Julie Arduini writes at The Surrendered Scribe and she's an "old friend" (albeit younger than me 🙂 ) as I used to link up my Thursday News for Boomers and Seniors with her back when she was doing a News Meme. She no longer does the meme, but we continue to enjoy blogging back and forth with each other, and she's got the cutest post on Chuck E Cheese and biscuit containers as well. Gave me a good chuckle AND great encouragement and bet it will you, as well.
- Enjoying some boomer and senior gardening with grandkids now that it's spring? Red Ted Art's Blog has some very easy and cute crafts for kids and all of us seniors that are perfect for our gardens. Adorable!
- Motherly Law is busy "Dishing Up a Healthy Dose of Law from a Mother's Perspective" and there's some useful information for all of us caring for the elderly parents and relatives in our families (not to mention ourselves) at Life After Death: Your Online Digital Legacy, among other interesting articles there.
- Quirky Momma looks to be quite interesting with fun educational activities that are great for grandparents and their grandchildren. I loved her various monthly activities calendars, including one for math.
- I was delighted to spot a familiar and favorite blogging resource at the Ultimate Blog Party 2011. The Blog Guidebook "offers Spotlights and Features of notable blogs and bloggers, Free Listings for your blog, Blog Tips, Video Tutorials, and a live Help Desk." I've found their site quite helpful on more than one occasion! And woo-hoo! I just noticed they have a tutorial for how to make a collage with my favorite, easy to use photo editor, Picnik.com! That's something I want to learn so when I take a zillion pix of my grandkids with my digital camera, I can find an easy to use way to blend them together. YAY!
Dealing with the Sandwich Generation issues of caring for the elderly parents and relatives in our families, along with raising children or babysitting grandchildren, can definitely be very demanding. It's so important for us to make sure we are taking good "care of the caregiver." In fact, that's one of the best gifts we can give our families, isn't it? Because if we don't, and then we aren't able to care for our loved ones….
BUT with all the demands on our time, that can be difficult. That's where the internet can be such a blessing, Fun blog party posts and the friends we "meet" along the way are such a joy, right in our own homes.
And for those of you who enjoy entering blog giveaways, opening your mail or email to find a sweet surprise you've won can definitely put a smile on your face and a spring in your steps. So don't forget to leave a comment below for the "SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation" give-away. Plus, check out the fun giveaways at the 5 Minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2011 and, if you'd like to enter their giveaways, just fill out the form. There's lot of fun prizes, including ones to help all of us caregivers, grandparents (have you seen the cute retro kids pedal car!), and more. And enjoy!