Working on last Wednesday's article, the 10 Commandments for children and grandchildren, I had a fresh opportunity to really think about "the Name of the Lord." He has many names given in the Bible including the Alpha and the Omega – the beginning and the end, Wonderful Counselor, Savior, Abba Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit… It's awesome, when you really think about it, how positive and encouraging just the references to His Name can be for us. I did a small search and came up with several very comforting and encouraging Bible verses to bless all of us in the Sandwich Generation – wonderful to share with all our families.
- And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved! Acts 2:12
- From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3
- Then I called upon the name of the LORD : "O LORD, I beseech You, save my life !" Gracious is the LORD, and righteous ; Yes, our God is compassionate. The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. Psalm 116:4-5
- Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God. Psalm 20:7
- The name of the LORD is a strong tower ; The righteous runs into it and is safe. Proverbs 18:10
- Therefore glorify the LORD in the east, The name of the LORD, the God of Israel, In the coastlands of the sea. Isaiah 24:15
- The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21
- Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8
Grief and Loss Issues in the Sandwich Generation
Each Bible verse listed is rich with encouragement for you and me in our day to day life, and even more so when the Sandwich Generation issues lead to a season where we must "walk through the valley of the shadow of death" as we deal with grief and loss issues! What joy to meditate on the wonderful Word of God and be gently touched by the reminder that the mighty God, Who created the world, also died on the cross and rose again – for me – for you – for our loved ones. Almighty God, so powerful – even His Name is full of His power!
Comforting Praise and Worship Music for the Sandwich Generation
For those days when I just need to be comforted by the Word of God while I am busy working, I love this praise and worship song, Your Name from the WOW Worship (Purple) album and sung by Paul Baloche and Kathryn Scott.
"Nothing has the power to save, but YOUR Name, is a strong and mighty tower…a shelter like no other." Wonderful music – exactly what we need when we are hurting, isn't it? What a blessing and gift from our precious God – loving Father, awesome Savior, wonderful Holy Spirit.
Blessings for the Sandwich Generation
I pray that, as you go about your busy day, caring for elderly parents, caring for children or babysitting grandchildren, you will be blessed listening to this lovely praise and worship music and thinking about these comforting and joy-filled Bible verses!
P.P.S. For even more encouragement, have a peek at Christian Encouragement for Our Senior Parents and Ourselves at SandwichINK Real Estate Info as well as last week's, Wonderful Devotions On Grief and Loss Makes This an Excellent Book for Boomers and Senior Citizens , about Randy Alcorn's newest book, full of encouraging Bible verses and uplifting devotionals.
P.S. Thank you so much for your comments. I enjoy them very much and read each one. I also love the grand ideas so many of you share that help and encourage other readers. Thank you.