Thanksgiving was a sweet delight, Black Friday is on its way out for the year, and Christmas lights are going up almost faster than the speed of light. And it's now time for Christmas music AND Christmas specials! Hooray. A fave of this Sandwich Generation granny nanny. And sometimes my grandkids too! Especially if it's something new and fun like Arthur, which they introduced me to last week. Very cute!
TV has plenty of cute things too. I did my annual hunt for sites that list the various Christmas TV movies and specials for all ages – from the grandkids on up to our senior parents. Here's what I've come up with so far. And if you've found any great resources, we'd love to hear about them as well.
- 2012 HOLIDAY TV SchedYULE has a ton of holiday shows listed and will be updated periodically through the Christmas season.
- 2012 Christmas special sneak peak – even more information about holiday shows and specials coming up.
- Piedmont Triad Living – This may be duplicating the Holiday TV SchedYULE but I like to bookmark all I find as I never know which ones will be updated quickly.
- Holiday TV Guide: This listed several Christmas movies that I want to see MYSELF, including a new take off on Little Women AND a new take off on The Christmas Carol (I do love those particular take offs, I must admit), plus some fun ones for the grandkids, like the original Grinch.
- For Kids' Entertainment – 2012 Holiday TV Schedule – This includes some of my fave kids' Christmas shows like Mickey's Christmas Carol, Santa Clause, and Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Hallmark Channel – I'm intrigued by Three Wise Women, which sounds like a slight twist to The Christmas Carol, along with several other great sounding holiday movies. And Our First Christmas, coming up 12/7, has Dixie Carter who I always enjoy watching. And be sure to check out their Christmas schedule of movies as well as their other Christmas specials.
- Love PBS? They have some fun Christmas and other holiday specials coming up too. I was a tad bit disappointed, though, not to spot a Wild Kratts reindeer special. That would certainly be interesting. My grandsons and I loved the turkey special – just in time for Thanksgiving! But I WAS thrilled to discover they do have some other new ones coming up in the next three months – not Christmas but definitely fun, including giraffes and Spider Monkeys. Just telling the grandkids about those will be a terrific Christmas "gift" for them!
Well, that's it for this year for me. Now it's your turn. Be sure to add any sites and lists you've found in the comments. And happy beginning of the Christmas season.