Haven't we had a great time with our summer Bible memory verses activities for grandparents and their grandchildren! We've enjoyed learning the NIV version of 1 Corinthians 13 – Love is patient and kind and… in word, deed, and fun praise and worship songs and are continuing to enjoy singing and learning them.
Today's post is a recap of all the posts for this Scripture memorization project (which would also make a great Christian home schooling project all year long ) to make it easy for you to find any of them and to enjoy creating new and fun family memories, centered on the Word of God.
This year, I combined Word-Filled Wednesday and Family Friday for this project so there were usually two posts per week. Generally speaking, the first post has the photo combined with the verse. The second post includes project ideas along with praise and worship music on Smilebox ecards to encourage our grandchildren (and ourselves) in learning more about God's Biblical definition of love in a fun and musical way:
Love is patient. 1 Corinthians 13:4a – Part 1
- Word-Filled Wednesday : 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is Patient
- 1 Corinthians 13 – Love is Patient in Word, Deed, and Fun Songs With Our Grandkids
Love is kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4a – Part 2
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, 13 – Love is Patient, Love is Kind – Penguin-Style
- Love is Kind – Songs, Stories and Activities For You and Your Grandchildren
Love…it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4b
- Bible Memory Verses Fun For Our Grand-Children to Help Them Not Follow In That Peacock’s Tracks
- Bible Memory Verses and Reading Activities for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren: I Will Boast – In God!
Love…It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. 1 Corinthians 13:5a
- Bible Memory Verses Fun: Giraffes Help To Remind Us That Love is Not Rude!
- Singing “Love” Bible Songs are Fun Activities for Grandparents and Their Grand-Children!
Love…it is not easily angered. 1 Corinthians 13: 5b
- Bible Memory Verses Activities – Love is Not Easily Angered
- Teaching Activities for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren: Stay Cool – Weather-wise and Temper-wise
Love…it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13: 5b
- Love Per 1 Corinthians 13, Keeps No Record of Wrongs 1 Corinthians 13:5b
- Bible Memory Verses Fun From Stuffed Alligator to Webkinz Panda!
- Webkinz Stuffed Animals + Bible Memory Verses Project = Fun Sweet Shots
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 1 Corinthians 13: 6
- Adam & Eve’s Snake vs. Webkinz Tiger Snake – Reputation Talk for Bible Memory Verses Project for Grand-Children
- Donut Man, Webkinz Tiger Snake, and Lots of Positive Love for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren
Love…It always protects, always trusts… 1 Corinthians 13:7a
- Love – 1 Corinthians and Sandwich Generation-style – Always Protects, Always Trusts
- Bible Memory Verses Activities for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren
Love…it always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:7b.
- Encouraging Bible Verses for the Sandwich Generation About Hope and Perseverance
- Christian Kids Music and Crafts Teach Our Grandkids Hope and Perseverance
Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8a
- God’s Love Never Fails – A Loving Goal for The Sandwich Generation!
- Love Never Fails Bible Memory Verses Activities and Music For Grandparents and Their Grandchildren
These three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Faith Hope and Love for the Sandwich Generation And Their Families
- Faith Hope and Love – Bible Memory Verses Activities for Grandparents and Their Grandchildren
As always, we'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions to add to this "Bible Memory Verses for grand children" project for future years. Two things I've learned as a Sandwich Generation granny nanny – there are often new grandkids on the way (not to mention all their little friends, new classroom and homeschooling projects, etc.) AND repetition is a vital key to helping our grandchildren (and our Baby Boomer brains) learn their Bible memory verses.
Combine that with fun pictures, activities and praise and worship music and you'll have a blessed time learning the Word of God right along with your grandkids, while adding to your stockpile of sweet family memories. (Don't forget to take plenty of pictures of your own with your easy to use digital camera! )